Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Self-Serving Post With a Twist

So being that I'm in Wisconsin, most can assume I am a Packer fan.  In this case your assumptions wouldn't make you look bad, they would be correct.  I really wanted to post about my excitement and somehow tie it in with nursing so here I go...

Last year during my kids honors program an eighth grader spoke about the meaning of teamwork.  He even used a snazzy example of Brett Favre not being able to win the Super Bowl without Sterling Sharpe.  (This is Wisconsin we use football references all the time)  He spoke of wanting to better the world and asked if us adults were up to joining his generation (while standing and applauding that made me cry big time, this eighth grader, a 14 year old having so much insight was amazing). 

This can be applied to nursing as well.  We have a team of doctors, nurses, technicians, housekeepers, food service workers, administrators, unit coordinators, radiologists, phlebotomists, etc. etc.  who all work together to ensure the patient has a positive outcome.  None of us could run the ship without the other just as a quarter back needs a wide receiver.  So as we look forward to the Packers in the Super Bowl (yes I said it), let's focus on team work and how we can be a better team player.  We have after all, lives in our very hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment